Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just Doing My Part

     While I have been interested in hockey blogging, and blogging in general for quite some time, I have put off actually starting the small engine that I have until now.  Most of you know my interests and history, and just maybe I can actually drag a laugh or smile out of some of you.  Meant to be educational, entertaining, and informative, I do hope that you enjoy my thoughts. 

     On 01-02-2010, The Nashville Predators will take on the Columbus Blue Jackets in Nashville with a 5:00PM puck drop.  Now, some of you that keep track of current hockey blogs in Nashville expect me to give a lineup and a short history on both teams.  This will not be the case.  As the title suggests, I'm going to tell you how I'm going to do my part. 

     .  The Predators organization is much more than a hockey team, and it has an army working for it.  In 1998 the Predators came to Nashville, bringing with it hundreds of jobs, and millions in economic revenue to Middle Tennessee.  I believe that the majority of people think that a professional sports team operates with ease, but I promise that it does not.  In 2007, low attendance figures forced the Predators franchise, worth almost two hundred million dollars, to be sold.  The team ended up staying in Nashville being sold to a group of local investors, and the memory of the incident is one that most like to store in the deep abyss. 

     Most of my readers will not know what the power play percentage is or even who is on injured reserve, but they WILL be filling seats on Sunday.  For the game against Columbus, I've come up with a hand full of seats that may end up containing a die hard Predators fan.  While I will be sitting in my seat keeping a close eye on David Legwand, who is playing only his third game since the middle of November due to injury, and making new notes on Marek Svatos, who is playing his second game as a Predator after being picked up on waivers from St Louis, my friends will be taking it all in, wondering what a hooking penalty actually is.  "It Stays With You" is the point, and I hope that it actually does. 

     My segmented thoughts and writings are what they are.  I do hope that you will find a ticket, attend a game, and most importantly, bring a friend.  If you cannot find a ticket, or do not know where to look, shoot me an email, and I just may be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment