Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Places, New Faces, and Introducing the Winnipeg Winnipeg

Many of you noticed that the NHL released the 2011-2012 schedule today.  This is always an exciting time of year for me, because I have great fun planning my road trips, and dreaming about what might be.  I have high hopes for Nashville this year, I'm sure just like any other fan of any other team.  Is this year going to be the year?  Time will tell.  Either way, a great story it is sure to be.

The schedule this year for Nashville is very similar to previous years.  That will not be the case for all teams in the NHL this season however.  As most of you know, the Atlanta Thrashers are no more.  The team has been sold to True North Sports & Entertainment, and is in the process of moving to Winnipeg in Manitoba.  For this year, the move will put a strain on the schedule.  The Atlanta Thrashers competed in the Southeast Division of the Eastern Conference, and the currently unnamed Winnipeg team will also compete in the same division for the 2011-2012 season.  Teams in the same division play each other more than teams in other divisions and/or other conferences.  Since Manitoba Canada is definitely not in the Southeast, the teams in that particular division will experience longer flight times, and harder connections as they move from city to city.  Nashville will play the Winnipeg team once this season, on Saturday March 24th.  For the 2012-2013 season, Winnipeg will move to the Western Conference, and other teams will be slightly repositioned to even everything out. 

I am very pleased with the schedule this year.  I hope to travel to California for the first time in my life this season.  The Predators will play San Jose, Los Angeles,and Anaheim on March 15th, 17th, and 18th respectively. 

Have a great summer everyone!  And as always, if you would like to join me on one of my road trips, just shoot me a message.  All are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment